Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day #9 - 30 Days of Thanksgiving

Thank God that you are loved. Of course, we know God loves us. But I'm thankful for people He has put in my life who love me. A few days ago we gave thanks for friends that God has placed in our lives. Today we can pause to give thanks for those who are more than caring friends. We give thanks for those who have loved us deeply. These are people have shown us unmerited love that gives us hope and a sense of worth. Some of those, such as my wife, have loved me when I have been at my worst as well as at my best. My children, other family members and a few enduring friends have done so as well. We have been created with a psychological and emotional need to be loved. We don't live well if we don't know that there is someone who cares and loves us - some others to whom we matter.

Who loves you? A spouse? Children? Other family members? Church family? Long-time friends?
Maybe you would choose to make a list today of people in your life who have loved you, making your life richer in so many ways. Then, do what Paul did...

Philemon 4 and 7 (ESV)  "I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers... For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love..."

Pastor Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment