Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day #27 - 30 Days of Thanksgiving

Give thanks today for your work and unique place in this world. Your life is not a a random occurrence or an accident.

Psalm 139:13-16 (NLT)  13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. 15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. 16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

Since your life was so intricately prescribed and your days planned with such detail, you have a unique place in the world. The work you do, by vocation as well as in service and ministry, is valuable. It deserves our best.

Psalm 104:23 (NLT)  Man goes out to his work and to his labor until the evening.


Sometimes in the rhythm of life and demands of our work, our thankfulness diminishes regarding the work we do. You may not be working at your dream job today, but you can thank God that He has provided work and wants use you where you are as you recognize every moment was laid out for you by the One who has so wonderfully made you.

Pastor Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment