Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day #5 - 30 Days of Thanksgiving

The Apostle Paul was a man with a thankful heart. Enduring more hardship than most of us - certainly more than I have ever encountered - he exuded thankfulness in every situation. One of the things for which he consistently expressed thanks was for the people in his life. He loved others, prayed for them, and told them of his thankfulness that God had allowed them to be a part of his life.

1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 (ESV)  "We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ."

Colossians 1:3-4 (ESV)  "We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints."

I'm thankful for the people God has placed in my life, especially for other believers. I look across the faces of those gathered for worship on Sundays and am deeply grateful for individuals who encourage me by the lives of faithfulness they live and the love they express. From the east coast to the west, north and south, and in countries around the world, there are people God has brought into my life through the years to love me and to have an impact on my life. You can say the same, whether your relationships are local or span the world. They are wonderful gifts from God.

Who are the people you need to pause and give thanks for? Today, I am making a list of some for whom I will pray specifically this month. And there are some phone calls I will make today. What about you?

Pastor Rod

1 comment:

  1. Prof. Smith
    I met Prof at a BBQ for Aggies he hosted at his home in the fall of 1972. Prof taught the Bible and anything related to the study of God's Word to Aggies. If 8 people could get together on a particular book of the Bible or Bible subject, he'd teach a class on it during the school year. What a blessing. For the next 22 years I would study under Prof and this gave me a continued hunger for Christ, God's Word and people. I thank God for my every remembrance of Prof. Smith.

    ReplyDelete