Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day #13 - 30 Days of Thanksgiving

John 14: 1-3 (ESV)  "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

As I watched a "Texas-beautiful" sunrise last Friday (the start of an incredibly beautiful day in central Texas) I thanked God for this world, filled with beauty and enjoyment. But for those of us who know Christ, the best is yet to come. If this world, marred by the results of the fall, holds such beauty and enjoyment, how much better is heaven, the home of perfection God prepares for us?

Thank God, today, for the countless aspects of beauty in creation. Then, give Him thanks for the home He has for you, filled with beauty and eternal joys beyond our imagination. Enjoy today while anticipating the tomorrow God has for you.

Pastor Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment